Plan Now To Maximize Your First Congress
We know attending your first Congress on Healthcare Leadership can seem exciting and overwhelming at the same time. Have no fear; many have gone before you! Here’s what previous attendees recommend to help you make the most of your first Congress experience.
- Stay informed. Visit ache.org/Congress to learn more about this year’s networking events and educational offerings. There, you can access the Congress brochure and subscribe to this weekly blog, Inside Congress. Also, keep an eye out for the Congress app, which will enable you to keep important information like schedules and event locations right at your fingertips.
- Get connected. That’s especially true at Congress. Meet other attendees from the get-go at our fast-paced and fun speed networking and special orientation sessions for first-time Congress attendees. Also, be sure to use #ACHECongress on all of our social media channels: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Meet friends. Plan in advance to meet up with colleagues you know who also are attending, perhaps at one of the three luncheons, a special interest area networking breakfast or one of the two Congress networking receptions.
- Be inspired. This year’s Parker B. Francis Distinguished Lecture, with top national political analyst and award-winning journalist Mara Liasson, is not to be missed! Check out our recent interview with Liasson here!
- Polish your presentation. Take advantage of our resume review and career advancement services, and have your professional headshot taken, for free! Be sure to update your LinkedIn and other social media profiles before you arrive.
- Finally, chart your own course. With over 150 education and networking sessions available to Congress attendees, there’s so much to be learned. Only you know what are the best options for you, your organization and your career. Take the time you need to consider what’s available, and choose options that will ensure you’ll experience your best first Congress!